I’m a firm believer that January was a test run. HAPPY NEW YEAR YOU GUYS!
2017 is here and it’s time to celebrate and set new goals and intentions!
No, but seriously, I hope everyone has been productive and kind in this new year. I am trying but honestly I’ve been doing a lot of twitter reading on what the fuck is happening with our government. I’m not going to get into it because honestly, we all know.
So how have I been coping? Tons of junk food, fast food, and just every day neglect. For example I’m currently on day 4 of not leaving the house. The joys of working from home. I’m also currently looking for a new job which means diving down the never ending spiral of “Earn $4000 A Month Knitting Blankets for Baby Dinosaurs (not a scam!)”. I guess you could say I’ve been in a funk. I committed myself to absorbing too much bullshit and not working on doing what I do best which is giving back and learning things I can use in my daily life.
So here we are, new year, new month, new…..me? I don’t know how I plan on accomplishing this honestly because I woke up in time for a Periscope by Audrey aka Queen of Cups and she spoke on everything I’ve been feeling…. I felt some type of way. I should probably say she’s an Oracle and deals with tarot cards so if that bothers you or isn’t your thing then don’t click the link. I don’t believe in coincidences. I think you are placed in a situation and things come into your life for a reason which means if you are feeling a draw towards something, go. The fact that I was awake for this Periscope and the fact that it was unsolicited advice definitely tells me that it was a message for me. Some people might not think like that but I do.
I do want to say that I am on a spiritual journey that is probably going to take me to some dark places so if you’re not interested then this blog may no longer be for you. I realized that censoring the way I think in hopes of being marketable is not the point of this blog and it stops the progression of where this blog was originally heading. I am done with things that don’t push me further and things that don’t challenge me to be a better person.
That being said! I have goals for this month! Shocker, I know.
- Yoga twice a week.
- Journaling, drawing, painting, reading, anything that takes me away from social media 1 hour a day every day.
- Veganism: yeah I said it….. I’m going back to veganism….. I threw myself off that ship the second I could because I didn’t know what I was doing. I made the mistake of just proclaiming it and not researching and planning it. I’ve grown, I know more and I’m ready to start again.
- -15lbs I hate the scale but I’ve got to place a goal because right now I’m a mess.
- Complete 1 EdX course. Most of them take weeks so doing one shouldn’t be a problem
- 7 new stylings on my style blog. Didn’t know I have a style blog? It’s linked in the menu on the top of this blog.
I’m also studying to be an American Sign Language Interpreter so I have goals for that too:
- Practice every day
- Proficient fingerspelling. I can do the alphabet in order but actual spelling requires extra thinking. I want to perfect that.
- Numbers 1-30
- 10 new words (sign and fingerspell proficiently)
- Be able to sign 4 complete sentences. 1) Hello, my name is Alexis. 2) I can fingerspell and I know basic signing. 3) Do you need assistance? (or) Can I help? 4) *To be determined.* I know most of the signs for these sentences but I want to perfect them.
I think that’s it. I thank you all for sticking around and I hope this is the beginning of an amazing new chapter. Cheers.